Wednesday 18 February 2009

40s in colour

 
Through the magic of stumble I came across these amazing photos from the library of congress photostream on flickr. They're all original slides from the late 30s and 40s.  The colours are so beautiful, and that ends my tutor's complaints that slides were only used in the 60s and 70s.  I may try to reproduce some of these photos next week in a new shoot, although I am unsure about copyright infringement. I will try a few just for my personal use and then I can produce my own versions of this style of image. I'm really excited to show my tutors, and definitely start doing the shoot.  If I can get anything that looks like the photo above I'll be extremely pleased.  It's funny how inspiration can come when you're not looking for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment